UGC NET Psychology Coaching
UGC, the National Eligibility Test (NET) is conducted for determining the eligibility of Indian nationals for the Eligibility for Assistant Professor only or Junior Research Fellowship & Eligibility for Assistant Professor Both in Indian Universities and Colleges.
Till recently, the CBSE conducted the NET in 84 subjects at 91 selected Cities of spread across the country.
From Dec 2018 onwards, the UGC- NET (for Eligibility for Assistant Professor only or Junior Research Fellowship & Eligibility for Assistant Professor both), will be conducted by the NTA.
National Testing Agency (NTA) has been established as a premier specialist which is an autonomous and self-sustained testing organization.
It conducts an efficient, transparent and international standards entrance examinations tests in order to assess the competency of candidates for admission /fellowship in higher educational institutions.
Who all can apply?
- Contenders must have done post-graduation degree with at least 55% marks or equivalent examination .
- The candidate must have a degree recognized university by UGC in Humanities and Social Science etc.
- Those applicants who are waiting for their final results are eligible to attend UGC National Eligibility Test.
- Candidates who are going to be appear at the qualifying Master’s degree (final year) examination
- Students whose qualifying examinations have been delayed, are also eligible.
- Candidates belonging to the transgender category would be eligible to draw the same relaxation in fee, age and qualifying criteria for NET as are available to SC/ST/PwD categories.
- Candidates are advised to appear in the subject of their Post Graduation only.
- The candidates, whose Post Graduation subject is not covered in the list of NET subjects attached as Annexure-III, may appear in a related subject.
Reservation in Qualification Criteria:
- OBC Students those who are belonging to non-creamy layer and SC/ ST/ PWD students who had obtained minimum 50% marks in Master’s Degree can apply.
- The Ph.D. degree holders whose post-graduation degree had been completed by 19th September, 1991) will be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks (i.e., from 55% to 50%) for appearing in NET.
- For SET Candidates: The candidates who have cleared the States Eligibility Test (SET) accredited by UGC for Assistant Professor held prior to 1st June 2002, are exempted from appearing in NET,
- These candidates are eligible to apply for Assistant Professor anywhere in India.
- For SET held from 1st June 2002 onwards, the qualified candidates are eligible to apply for the post of Assistant Professor only in the universities/colleges situated in the State from where they have cleared their SET.
- NET/SET/SLET shall remain the minimum eligibility condition for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professors in Universities/Colleges/ Institutions.
- The candidates who have passed the UGC/CSIR JRF examination prior to 1989 are also exempted from appearing in NET
- JRF: Not more than 30 years as on 01.12.2018.
- Assistant Professor:There is no upper age limit for applying for Assistant Professor.
Reservation in Age Criteria:
- Relaxation of 5 years will be given to OBC (non-creamy layer)/ SC/ ST/ PWD/ Women students.
- Three years relaxation in age will be permissible to the candidates possessing L.L.M. Degree.
- Applicants with research experience, limited to the time interval spent on research in the related subject of post-graduation degree, subject to a max. of 5 years, on production of a certificate from appropriate authority can get age relaxation.
Benefits of Qualifying UGC NET Assisstant Professor or Jrf/ Assisstant Professor
- Candidates qualifing the Test will be eligible for Assistant Professor post and are then governed by the rules and regulations for recruitment of Assistant Professor.
- The candidates who qualify for the award of JRF are eligible to pursue research in the subject of their post-graduation or in a related subject.
- The universities, institutions, IITs and other national organizations may select the JRF awardees for whole time research work in accordance with the procedure prescribed by them.
- Junior Research Fellowship: Candidates qualifying for the award of JRF will be eligible to receive fellowship of UGC under various schemes, subject to their finding placement in universities/IITs/Institutions.
- The validity period of the offer will be three years w.e.f. the date of issue of JRF Award Letter.
- However, for those candidates who have joined M. Phil./ Ph.D., the date of commencement of Fellowship shall be from the date of declaration of NET result or date of their joining, whichever is later.
The candidates qualifying exclusively for Assistant Professor are not considered for award of JRF. Candidates appearing in UGC-NET should clearly specify in the prescribed Application Form