Rs.30,000.00 – Rs.35,000.00
- Includes Projects, Assignments, Portfolio and Lession Wise Notes
- Avialable at Delhi (New Friends Colony, New Delhi) & Ahmedabad (SOBO Centre, South Bopal, Ahmedabad)
- Online Available Everywhere
The National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) is an autonomous institution under the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India. Besides the general academic courses at the Secondary and Senior Secondary level, it also provides students with a number of Vocational, Life Enrichment and Community oriented courses. It’s mission is to provide relevant, continuing and holistic education through an Open and Distance learning system. The NIOS has been vested with the authority to examine and certify students who register with it.
Reasons to choose NIOS
Freedom to Learn
With a motto to ‘reach out and reach all’, NIOS follows the principle of freedom to learn i.e., what to learn, when to learn, how to learn and when to appear for the examination is decided by the Learner. There is no restriction of time, place and pace of learning.
The NIOS provides flexibility with respect to:
- Choice of Subjects: The learner has the option to choose subjects of his/her choice from the given list keeping in view the passing criteria.
- Admission: The learner has the option to take admission online under various streams or through Study Centre, Facilitation Centre, regional Centre for the Secondary and the Senior Secondary Education Courses.
- Examination: The Public Examinations are held twice in a year. Nine examination chances are offered to the learner in five years. A learner can take any examination during this period as and when he/she is well prepared and can avail the facility of credit accumulation.
Transfer of Credits
NIOS acknowledges previous knowledge by allowing transfer of credits of upto two subjects passed from International, National and State Boards of Examination / State Open Schools with whom NIOS has entered into agreements.
Recognised Quality Education
The NIOS takes conscious steps to provide quality education. The Govt. of India has vested in NIOS the authority to conduct Public Examinations and provide the Secondary and the Senior Secondary level certificates, which are equivalent to the certificates provided by any other Board of School Education. This is because all the Boards, whether National or State, are following the National Curriculum Framework brought out by the National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT). NIOS is one of the three National Boards; the other two Boards are (i) the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) and (ii) the Council for Indian School Certificate Examination (CISCE).
The NIOS programmes pay special attention towards requirements of the first generation learners, physically, mentally and visually challenged learners and candidates from disadvantaged sections of the society.
NIOS SECONDARY AND SENIOR SECONDARY COURSE (CLASS X AND CLASS XII)
The Secondary Course is equivalent to the Xth standard and Senior Secondary Course is equivalent to XIIth standard. You can choose subjects from the Scheme of Studies given in the table below. However, you will be required to successfully complete a minimum of five subjects with at least one language or at most two languages, which is compulsory for certification, for both the standards.
For obtaining a pass certificate, you are required to pass in a minimum of five subjects including 1 or maximum 2 languages from Group ‘A’ and other 4 or 3 subjects respectively from other Group/s. However, you are free to take up to two additional subjects. Thus, in all you can choose a maximum of seven subjects.
|SECONDARY COURSE – Class- X||Group A : Hindi, English, Bengali, Marathi, Telugu, Urdu, Gujarati, Kannada, Sanskrit, Punjabi, Assamese, Nepali, Malayalam, Oriya, Arabic ,Persian, Tamil|
|Group B : Mathematics, Science and Technology, Social Science, Economics, Business Studies, Home Science, Data Entry Operations, Psychology, Indian Culture and Heritage, Painting|
|SENIOR SECONDARY COURSE – Class- XII
**Student can opt only 1 subject each from Group C,D,E and F
|Group A : Hindi, English, Bangla, Tamil, Odia, Urdu, Gujarati, Sanskrit, Punjabi|
|Group B : Mathematics, Home Science, Psychology, Geography, Economics, Business Studies, Painting, Data Entry Operations|
|Group C : Physics, History, Library and Information|
|Group D : Chemistry, Political Science, Mass Communication|
|Group E : Biology, Accountancy, Introduction to law|
|Group F : Computer Science, Sociology, Environmental Science|
How To Register
To register with NIOS, one may choose one of the following options –
- You can register on-line directly by visiting the website of NIOS i.e., www.nios.ac.in
- You may visit his/her nearest Study Centre/NIOS Facilitation Centre and take help for on-line registration.
- You may visit the concerned Regional Centre of NIOS and take help for on line registration.
- You can use the services of the Common Services Centres of the Govt. of India for Online registration throughout the Country.
- Any individual who has passed class VIII and is 14+ years of age can apply for Secondary Course.
- An individual who has studied at the Secondary level can also seek admission in NIOS either to complete his course or to improve his performance.
Some Important Point
- The examination happens twice every year, April-May examination and October-November Examination
- A learner’s registration for any course is valid upto 5 years and he/she can give a maximum of 9 attempts to clear the examination.
- Is suggested for those who are sports person or participate in some other such fields like acting, dancing and hence want to complete their school level education through distance learning, as they cannot attend regular school.
- Those who have certain neurodevelopmental disorders (such as ADHD, Learning Disability), are physically disabled etc., are also recommended to take this course as this course provides many attempts to clear the course and also has vocational training programs.
- Those who want to repeat a class so as to improve their score or result can also choose NIOS for studies.
**Free Education to Jail Inmates
The NIOS offers special facility of free Education to Jail Inmates so that during stay in jail, could help in earning their livelihood and bringing into the mainstream of society after release from jails.
How to Pay the Fee Fee for Online Admission
There will be two options for the payment of fee:
Option-I — The fee can be deposited Online through Credit Card /Debit Card/Net Banking, available Payment Gateways.
Option-II — In case admission is done through Common Services Centres, fee can be paid via Electronic Wallet of CSCs.
Class X Per Subject, Class XII Per Subject