Summer Internship 2018 Clinical and Counselling Psychology at UIBS means getting intensive and extensive training in various dimensions of psychology.
The key components of Summer Internship at UIBS are :
- Proper orientation will be provided to the interns.
- Interns will have postings at 7 to 8 clinical set-up providing wide variety of exposure such as Psychological Clinic, Differently-abled , Drug De-addiction centres, NGO’s , patient’s with terminal illness, corporate CSR, Special children etc.
- It involves training and conducting workshops with children and adults having psychological concerns.
- It involves hands on experience and training of various psychological tests like IQ-assessment, semi-projective tests and lots more!
- Internship Program includes around 14 guest lectures from external faculties on topics : forensics, drug De-addiction, relationship counselling, counselling skills, sexuality education, internet addiction, graphology etc.
- Special classes on case history taking, MSE, child and Adult Pathology.
- Various Therapeutic modalities will be taught such as CBT, Behaviour Modification, Psychoanalysis, Existential and Humanistic therapies.
- Counselling skills training through Roles plays and case discussions
- Workshops on Rorschach Inkblot Test, TAT, Neuro-Psychology, Signature Analysis and Graphology (Handwriting Analysis) at special 20% discount for interns.
- The entire internship program is broken down into the following components:
- Adult History Taking
- Child History Taking
- Mental Status Examination
Focuses on understanding the dynamics underlying psychopathology
- Adult psychopathology like anxiety disorders, mood disorders, psychotic disorders, alcohol and substance Abuse disorders, Personality Disorders etc
- Child psychopathology like ADHD, SLD, Autism spectrum disorders, Selective mutism, Behavioral problems and other emotional and behavioral disorders etc.
- Focuses on therapeutic plan and management of these above mentioned disorders. Interns shall also be made clear with the fundamentals of Basic principles underlying therapy,
- CBT, Behavior Modification, special education, Occupational Therapy etc.
Focuses on psychological testing and report making. Interns shall be taught BASICS of the following tests:
- GDT, DST, VSMS,
- MISIC, WAPIS
- 16PF, ADHD, SLD,
- Rating scales like Y-BOCS, BDI, PANS
After successful completion of the internship program, the interns shall be given certificate for the same. They will also be given a letter specifying in detail, the skills and the concepts well learnt by the intern.
|Summer Internhsip 2018||
1 Month Summer Internship July 2018, 1 Month Summer Internship June 2018, 1 Month Summer Internship May 2018