IMPORTANT TIPS FOR UGC NET PSYCHOLOGY EXAM
Study schedule for Paper 1 should be included in the time table
Firstly, all the aspiring candidates must know that after the introduction of only two paper exams form July 2018 onward it’s imperative to give equal importance to Paper I & Paper II. In the recent past, we have seen many of the students take Paper 1 very lightly thinking that it is very easy to clear Paper 1 of NTA UGC NET EXAM. This is common misconception that the paper 1 is too easy to score however when you see the syllabus of paper 1 you will get to know that its very vast can’t be covered in few days of study.
Paper 2 is important so is paper 1, you should not forget to include schedules for paper 1 in your timetable window. You may give less time for this but don’Tignore it completely.
For Paper I, one can refer to following books:
- Trueman’s UGC NET /SLET General Paper 1
- UGC NET/JRF/SLET General Paper-1 Teaching & Research Aptitude by Arihant express
Choose Study material wisely
Choosing the best study material for any exam is quite a tedious task. It is important to select appropriate books for the CBSE UGC NET Exam preparation wisely. UPS provides full study material covering all topics for UGC NET Psychology.
Some of the important books that will help you to crash the upcoming UGC NET EXAM are:
For General Psychology:
- Morgan, C.T., King, R.A., Weiss, J.R, and Schopler, J. (1993). Introduction to Psychology. New York: Tata McGraw Hill.
- Ciccarelli, S.K., & Meyer, G.E. (2007). Psychology. (South Asian Edition). India: Pearson Education Inc.
For Developmental Psychology:
- Stanrock, J.W. (2008). (11th Ed.)Child Development. Tata McGraw- Hill.
- Berk Laura E. (2013). (9th) Child Development Pearson Education, Inc.
For Physiological Psychology:
- Carlson, N.R. (2012). Foundations of physiological psychology, Sixth edition. New Delhi: Pearson Education.
- Pinel, J. P. J. (2004). Biopsychology. Allyn and Bacon.
For Social Psychology:
- Baron, R.A. & Byrne, D. (1997, 2001) (8th & 9th Editions). Social psychology.
London: Allyn and Bacon.
- Myers, D. G. (2010). Exploring Social Psychology. New York: McGraw Hill.
- Taylor, S.E; Peplau, L.A. & Sears, O. (2006). Social Psychology. (12th ed). Prentice Hall
For Cognitive Psychology:
- Sternberg, R.J. (2007). Cognitive Psychology (4th ed). Delhi: Thomson Wadsworth.
- Galloti, K. M. (2004). Cognitive Psychology: In and Out of the Laboratory (3rd ed). Delhi: Wadsworth, Cengage Learning.
- Benjafield, J.G. (1992). Cognition (2nd ed). New Jersey: Prentice Hall.
For Systems of Psychology:
- Benjamin, Jr., L.T. (2007). A Brief History of Modern Psychology. Oxford: Blackwell.
- Boring, E.G. (1969). A History of Experimental Psychology. New Delhi: Times of India Press
- Woodworth, R.S. & Sheehan, M.R. (1970). Contemporary Schools of Psychology. London: Methuen & Co.
- Allport, W. (1956). Personality: A Psychological Interpretation. London: Constable.
- Barone, D. F., Hersen, M. & Hasselt, V. B. Van (eds) (1998). Advanced
Personality. New York: Plenum.
- Ryckman, R. M. (2004). Theories of personality (8th ed.). Belmont, CA, US: Wadsworth/Thomson Learning.
For Research and methodology:
Bordens, K.S. & Abbot, B.B. (2005). Research design and methods. New Delhi: Tata McGraw Hill.
Kerlinger, F.N. (1982). Foundations of behavioral research. Delhi: Surjeet Publication.
Singh, A.K. (2009). Tests, Measurements and Research Methods in Behavioural Sciences.Bharati Bhawan, New Delhi.
- Broota, K.D. (1992). Experimental design in behavioral research. New Delhi: Wiley Eastern.
- Garrett, H.E. (1981). Fundamental statistics in psychology and education.
- Guilford, J.P. (1965). Fundamental statistics for students of psychology and
education (4th edition). New York: McGraw Hill.
- Minium, E.W.; King, B.M. & Bear, G. (1993). Statistical reasoning in psychology and education. New York: John Wiley and Sons.
- Anastasi, A. & Urbania, S. (2000). Psychological testing (7th ed.). New Delhi: Pearson Education Asia.
- Guilford, J.P. (1954). Psychometric methods. New York: Mc Graw – Hill.
- Kaplan, R. M. & Saccuzo, D. P. (2005). Psychological testing: Principles,
applications and issues. Kundli: (Haryana): Thompson, Wadsworth.
- Nunnally, J.C. (1967). Psychometric theory. New York: Mc Graw – Hill.
For Psychological Testing:
- Anastasi; A. & Urbina, S. (1977). Psychological testing. N J: Practice Hall.
- Gegory, J. R. (2004). Psychological testing: History, principles and applications. Allyn & Bacon.
- Kaplan, R.M. & Saccuzzo, D. P. (2005). Psychological testing: Principles,
applications and issues (6th edition) US: Thomson-Wadsworth, Cenage Leading India Pvt Ltd.
- Carson, R.C., Butcher, J.N. & Mineka, S. (1998). Abnormal psychology and
modern life. New York: Harper Collins Publication.
- Sadock, B. J., Sadock, V. A., & Ruiz, P. (2015). Kaplan & Sadock’s synopsis of psychiatry: Behavioral sciences/clinical psychiatry (Eleventh edition.). Philadelphia: Wolters Kluwer.
- Ahuja, Neeraj. (2011). (7th ). A Short Book of Psychiatry. Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers (P) LTD.
Solve all the last year Question Papers
Study previous years UGC NET question papers online and solve them to test your
knowledge. You may also join online test series and mock test papers for self-
Lastly, make it your habit to revise daily what you have learnt. Start your revision early so that you can perform very well in exam.
All the very Best.